UK specialists in conflict management and staff training. Prevention, Assessment & Management Of Violence & Aggression (PAMOVA) Cymru General Services Ltd.
Everyone Deserves A Safe Working Environment
How Our Tutors Assess Participants
No one assessment process is considered to be of greater importance and the participants must achieve a set standard in all areas to be considered competent.
These processes are:-
- Continual visual assessment including tutors’ reflective practice at the end of each day.
- Written theoretical assessment.
- Oral questioning throughout the training.
- Physical competency assessment.
All staff whose level of need is determined by risk assessment should receive training to ensure current competency in the use of physical interventions, which should adhere to approved national standards. Staffing levels and skill mix should reflect the needs of service users.
The aim of assessing competence in training is to ensure that participants have an understanding of the technical and safety issues of each technique that is taught, and that they can demonstrate them to the standard required.
Other documentation involved in the assessment of the participants include:
- Course Attendance Register
- Health Questionnaire
- Physical Competency Assessment
- Course Participant Feedback/Evaluation Forms
- Organisation’s Composite Evaluation Forms, (written feedback for the organisation receiving training).
How Our Training is Assessed
PAMOVA Cymru’s training is medically audited, assessed and subsequently certified by several organisations including RRN (Restraint Reduction Network), GSA and CPD to ensure it meets current guidance and legislation.
The content and structures of our training programmes are regularly reviewed within tutor meetings. This gives our tutors the opportunity to share feedback on their delivery and ensures our tutors are kept updated with current legislation.
Our tutors are observed and assessed on their delivery and performance by senior team members to ensure consistency of our delivery methods.
Evaluation and Record Keeping
Information stored by PAMOVA Cymru are:
- Name and workplace of each participant.
- Completed Health Questionnaires for every participant.
- Teaching Log forms (which include training course, length, content, name of tutors, and organisation).
- Participants written and physical assessments.
- Participant Feedback/Evaluation forms.
- Composite Evaluation forms, (written feedback for the organisation receiving the training).
Participant feedback forms are evaluated by the company to help improve the quality of our training courses.
PAMOVA Cymru pays particular attention to ensure that all course participants’ needs are considered throughout the training.
If further support is required by any participant, PAMOVA Cymru alongside the organisation’s training department will decide the most appropriate plan of action to take.
How Our Tutors are Assessed
To maintain tutor status within the GSA, tutors are required to:-
- Maintain full membership of the Association.
- Maintain and complete a current General Services Association Tutor Portfolio, which is subject to audit by the Association.
- Evidence of attendance at mandatory General Services Association Tutor Refresher Training.
- Presentation of General Services Association Tutor Portfolio at Tutor Refresher Training.
- Represent the Association, enhance its reputation and serve its best interests in all training, discussions and negotiations both within PAMOVA Cymru and in relation to other Commissioning Organisations.
- Adhere to all Association policies and procedure in the course of their role as a tutor.
- Organise and conduct General Services Training Courses.
- Bring to the Associations attention any issues of concern regarding the performance of the tutors which may have a detrimental effect on the Association.
- All tutors must adhere to the General Services Code of Professional Conduct.
General Services Tutor Refresher Training
To re-qualify all tutors must have:-
- Demonstrated techniques accurately, with the required level of skills, ability, speed and energy.
- Demonstrated the techniques in a competent style and acceptable format that would be conducive to learning.
- Demonstrate the teaching and safety points as identified in the GSA Core Curriculum.
- Competent in controlling the group and keeping to tasks, maintaining safety, discipline and standards.
- Methods employed complement the presentation style of the subject being delivered.
- Competent in demonstrating the ability to communicate effectively and professionally.